The short version is that we won’t share your personal information without your permission ever. The only information you’re required to supply is an email address for verification. Everything else in your DanceMinder profile is optional and will only be shared if you choose to do so.
By default, the only DanceMinder information about you that’s publicly available is:
- Your user name. This is not your real name but rather the unique name you choose to be known by on DanceMinder. This does not have to be your real name but using that will make it easier for other members to find you when that feature goes live.
- Your avatar picture if you choose to upload one. The default picture will be used if you don’t.
- Your web site link if you choose to list one.
- Any additional comments about yourself you’ve chosen to enter in your profile.
- Dance collections. Lists of dances you’ve created. If you’ve created private collections, those collections will remain hidden from other members and non-members.
DanceMinder members have the ability to send messages to other members through the site (if the recipient has chosen to let other members send them messages). In case of a complaint, the user id of the sender, user id of the recipient and when the message was sent is logged in our database. The content of the message is not and will never be stored by DanceMinder. Messages sent between members are explicitly private unless one of the parties chooses to make the communication public.
The content of messages sent by editors and admins to the general membership are recorded. In this case they are speaking for the site as a whole and the message itself is not considered private since the larger membership will receive it.
If you have any questions or comments regarding our policy please contact us