If you already have a DanceMinder account, and want to link your other accounts to DanceMinder (there will be some upcoming features where you’ll benefit from this kind of link) you should sign in as normal and then go to the Account | Linked page where you can link any or all of your other accounts to your DanceMinder account.
DanceMinder is temporarily offline while we update the site with Twitter and Google login capability. Should be back up shortly.
We’re back up. Updates to the login tutorials are in-progress and we’ll have an update post up soon.
If you’re like me and you just don’t want to have, keep track of and think about the security of yet another web site login, a new addition to DanceMinder may interest you. Facebook login.
You can now choose to use your Facebook account to log into DanceMinder and you’ll immediately be granted user privileges.
Just click on the Facebook icon on that you’ll see on most pages and you’ll be taken to Facebook where you can authorize access to your basic information. You’ll then be taken back to DanceMinder where you’ll be logged in as a DanceMinder user.
It’s that simple and you’ll immediately be able to use DanceMinder as a full user.
If you just want to view the dances, you don’t need to log in.
As a registered user of DanceMinder you’ll be able to take advantage of the following features:
- Be automatically notified when new dances are added.
- Share collections of dances (with both members and non-members).
- Download PDF versions of full and crib versions of the dances.
- Rate dances based on how easy and fun they are to dance.
- Contact other members through DanceMinder.
Plus new features as they become available.
If, after registering you want to become an editor and enter your own dances or help maintain the database, contact us to request editor access.
DanceMinder is offline for database maintenance and updates to the user-login system. It will be back up within the hour.
DanceMinder is back up!
The Flirtation Two Step has been added to DanceMinder. It’s a simple two-hand dance in Jig time for any number of couples.
There have been several style updates to make DanceMinder more mobile-friendly.
- The biggest change is to the navigation menu which will change to icon-only on smaller screens.
- The logo and social networking block will be hidden on smaller devices.
- The menu so there are fewer top-level items and ‘home’ has been replaced with an icon.
- The display of posts from the blog have also been made more attractive.
You can see these changes by viewing the site on your phone, viewing on a tablet and rotating your device or changing your browser window size when viewing the site at your desk.
This is all groundwork and housecleaning before the next round of major changes to the site.
The Ballyduff Set has been added to the database with links to music references and a video of the first figure. If you’ve got videos of the remaining figures please let us know!